Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exists in nature.. Life is either a Daring Adventure or Nothing."

Friday I returned to Munirkaa prepared to take the 2 kids to the hospital that I wrote about.. well 1 of the boys did not show up for school (puss in the ears) and the other boy's mom told me that she informed his "Father" and he is not permitting me to take him to the hospital.. that he'll do it on his own time if he can.  So that put an end to that.
Bob and I finished all exams at the school on Friday.  We said our goodbyes to the kids which was extremely sad.. they were all running up and giving me hugs and a few of them even walked me through the slum out to the main road to say goodbye one last time! I will finish my last week of placement in another school known as Oklha and then hopefully there will be a volunteer in the next group who will pick up where I left off. 

Cute little feet :)

 The Creche Class (1-3yrs) saying bye to me.. bittersweet

 Little girl in the slum, playing in the garbage, without any clothing.. all too normal :(

Saturday night out in Delhi! We decided to have some Vietnamese Cuisine at Restaurant Lah in Hauz Khas Village.  It was a nice night out with Kelly, Rebecca, Grace, and Alex!

 Sunday morning (today) at 2am we traveled by taxi to Agra to see the Taj Mahal at sunrise!  It was a 4 hr car ride.. we parked on the opposite side of the river to watch the sunrise over the Taj.. it was an amazing sight to see!  Sorry I know they are hard to see.. the darn Fog got in the way ugh!

 7am sunrise at the Taj Mahal..beautiful sight!

 I climbed up a wall to take this picture over a tall fence because it reminded me of the sunrise in Kilimanjaro Tanzania!

The girls again now in front of the Taj on the other side of the river.. unfortunately still foggy

 Totally worth the 1:30 am wake up call and the 9 hour roundtrip car ride squished in a taxi!

 Extremely peaceful and serene.

My attempt to be a "photographer" haha I thought it looked pretty cool slightly hidden by the trees.. None of these pictures do it Justice.. the Taj Mahal is definitely an amazing sight that I hope all can see one day!

1 comment:

  1. The Taj is a beautiful clean place Katleen,but somehowdoes not replace the beuty you have show us through the poverty and filth and sadness. We all must be make aware that India has olny two casts, The very rich and the very poor. You must come away with that thougt so you can spread the word so that mrore good people likeyou can each out your hand in pheace and charity so that they can find a way to better them selfves. It takes baby step and you are heping. May God bless and keep you as you go about your work. Love to you Mrs L

    ReplyDelete