Friday, January 13, 2012

New Delhi...WOW

Hey everyone I am safe and in New Delhi!  Both my flights went very smoothly and landed earlier than planned!  I met a wonderful couple on the airplane who live in NY with their 2 children they actually took me in instead of me going to the hotel..  Apparently I am terrible at booking hotels online..  Hotel Raj was in an area known for cocaine, lots of drugs, violence, hippies, and about an hr to hr half from airport! Good job Kathleen... should've listened to my mom oops :)

The couple took me in for the night in Hauz Kaus it's actually 10 minutes from where I'll be staying.. They gave me a ncie room, bath( 2 buckets 1 hot 1 cold) mix in cup and pour on yourself.. makes for a quick cold shower! I have eaten so much CURRY already haha there is not getting away from it!  Last night they took me to a bazzare (huge shopping area)  we got some silk and a few random things.  Afterwards I got to experience my first bit of street food!! Fresh GOAT KABABS!  they were delicious!  They eat here very similiar to the Arabic culture... use your hands and eat everything with thing bread similair to pita so i am currently in heaven! haha

I was supposed to go with them to friends for dinner at 9pm but I fell asleep in the car on the way home so they dropped me off at the house at 730 and I went to bed!  I am glad I didn because they were out until 12-1230 and I only got 2 hrs of sleep on the plane!

It is morning now we are having breakfast soon (curry of some sort I am sure) and then I am headed to homebase around 12pm.

As all of you know I am a Huge believer in Fate, Faith, and things happening for a reason... So let me fill you in on what's going on.... As I am standing in line in the Hethrow airport I meet Yacub Mathew and Mary.. They ask me what I will be doing in Delhi and I tell them I'll be working in a Mother Teresa home well God put me there for a reason... Yacub spent 10 yrs working with Mother Teresa...  Back in the ealry 70's his mother was extremely sick and dying of non-hodgkins lymphoma Mother Teresa came to visit her and prayed with her and the family... She was told she had 6 months to live (she passed 4 yrs ago) Mother Teresa became so close to her she'd visit every other week and sit and pray with his mom and taught Yacub to work with the poor in the homes... he has so many stories of Mother and he wears her cross around his neck that she gave him when he was younger. 

Last night I spent the night in his Mothers room.. On the walls are beautiful prayers and pictures... I could feel the serenity and peace in the room.. I have been wanting to come to India for so long because of Mother Teresa and yesterday it hit me that this was Her way anf God's way of talking to me... I have been in awe for the past 24 hrs listening to stories and feeling the love of Mother Teresa pour out of his heart!  I am TRULY BLESSED!

They have invited me Thursday to a Mousqu where I will take part in a musical prayer ceremony amongts 100 people I am looking forward to it ! It I am sure will be an amazing experience that I will never forget!

I am headed to the homebase shortly to meet the staff and get settled in... I have no doubts that this is where I am supposed to be!  I will keep you all updated on my travels talk to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment