Thursday, January 5, 2012

Placement Information~

Today I received my placement for my upcoming trip to New Delhi, India! 

Mother Teresa Home for Dying & Destitute     

I will be working Monday-Wednesday in one of the Order Of Missionaries Charity Homes that Mother Teresa founded in 1950.  The order, was established to provide shelter and food for people who were sick and dying in the slums of Calcutta.  Mother Teresa Dying and Destitute is a place where sick, old, and poor, are provided with medical care, food, and shelter.  My daily activities are going to consist of feeding patients, getting them dressed for the day, cleaning their wounds, and changing their bandages, assisting them with physical therapy, making their beds, and encouraging interaction between staff and other members of the charity home.  
Vidya  -medical check-ups of children 

My second placement will be on Thursday and Fridays where I will perform medical check-ups for children.  I will educate and empower underprivileged socially handicapped children.  My activities will include, assessments, eye exams, hearing tests, vital signs, wound care, education, and prevention of illness.  

I leave in 6 days and I am so excited.. I will keep you all updated on the area, the work, and the experiences I encounter.  All I ask is that everyone continues to Pray for the lives myself and the other volunteers will touch in India, myself and the volunteers, and everyone who we will encounter on this trip!  As we all know there is a lot of poverty in this world.. all it takes is a little "doing" to help make things a little better!

FAITH sees the INVISIBLE, believes the INCREDIBLE, and receives the IMPOSSIBLE.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you all the best on your very exciting upcoming trip! I will be following your blog to live your experience through your words. I only wish I could do something like this. Have a great time and be safe! <3

    ReplyDelete